Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Musica Libre? Pshyeah!

(Disclaimer: I do not speak Spanish, so if the above statement means something more along the lines of "I will eat your firstborn child" than "free music, I apologize and unquestionably will not eat your firstborn. Thank you.)

While pathetically stalking the Urban Outfitters website this morning (yes, procrastinating), wishing I actually had money to spend on poorly made expensive clothing, I decided to check out their Playlist setion. For kicks, you know. And you know what greeted me there? Another eMusic ad! I swear, I see those things everywhere. And yet today, in the spirit of procrastination, I actually decided to check the site out. It couldn't hurt, right? Plus! I got 50 FREE songs, just for checking it out! Sweeeet deal. The booty:

Godspeed! You Black Emperor- Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

Múm- Finally We are No One and Summer Make Good

Mogwai- Mr.Beast

M.Ward- Post-War

Amina- Animamina

Clearly, I've been in a slight post-rockish mood lately, or less as of late and more as of...the last three months. That's probably a little more like it, haha.

Speaking of music genres, I hate them. So. Much. I mean, "Baroque Pop"? Please. That just screams pompous. Ughh. I mean, yesss...I guess they do help...maybe a little.

No comments: